Monday, September 17, 2012

Appilaction Letter


Shameem D/O Ahamed Ali Khan
1232 PRH Rd, Singapore 123213
Contact:  9123 1231

September 17, 2012

The Human Resource Department
Gleneagles Hospital
6A Napier Road
Singapore 258500

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Application for Perfusionist Position

            I am writing in to express my interest in the position of the Perfusionist at your hospital.

            I am currently in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences at the National University of Singapore (NUS). My major has equipped me with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the human physiology and cardiopulmonary system that this job demands.

            My passion for Health Sciences led me into joining the St John’s Ambulance Brigade in my secondary school where I had an attachment with Changi General Hospital. As such, I had the opportunity to learn patient service and nursing skills. As the Welfare Representative in my college’s English Drama Club, I oversaw the safety of my peer during practices and camps. During my time at NUS, I was involved in planning an overseas cultural immersion programme which required me to pay attention to minute details. I feel that these experiences have deepened my passion for healthcare, and shaped me into a detail-oriented person.  

Working for a distinguished healthcare provider would be a prestigious start to my career.  I am confident that my education, experiences, and passion for healthcare make me apt for this position. I can be reached at the aforementioned email and mobile number. I look forward to hearing from your team soon.

Yours Sincerely,
 

(signature)                                                           
Shameem D/o Ahamed Ali Khan   

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sharmeem =)
    Your application letter looked professional in terms of the way it presents your experiences from your education to the co-curricular activities you've participated. It is generally very concise and clear in the way you phrased your letter. One thing you may want to consider; you may want to list out some modules you took that specifically teaches you on the human cardiac system. I believe doing that can add some concreteness to the letter and make you stand out from students who do not have such knowledge advantage. I've also noticed your first paragraph indentation is different from the rest. Maybe it is better to indent all the paragraphs the same way and consistently as it makes the letter look neater. A last thing to note will be the signing off. If you had put "sir/mdm" at the front, signing off as "yours faithfully" will be the proper way as "yours sincerely" applies to letters in which the addressee's names are stated.
    Anyway, it was such a coincidence that we are applying for the same job! I wish you all the best in your application and may we be colleagues in the future!
    Redonnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Redonnia! I am afraid that I have not taken any cardiology module so far! Ooops! And, thank you for pointing out the indentation differences and that it should be Yours Faithfully instead. I always confuse the two. Yes, I wish you all the best for your future, and that you get a career that is best for you! Btw, you have a pretty name:)

    ReplyDelete